Our Ethos and Values
At Carleton St Hilda’s Church of England Primary School we believe in providing a high quality of education for all our children within an atmosphere of Christian values, love and care. We want our children to be happy and successful and we are committed to allowing each individual child to develop his/her own interests, skills and talents within a positive and supportive environment. We believe that learning should be fun, engaging and challenging. This, alongside high quality teaching gives each and every child the chance they deserve. Staff, Governors, children and parents are working together to drive the school forward. We set ourselves challenging targets and are working tirelessly to achieve success. As a Church school the strong Christian ethos permeates through all aspects of the curriculum as well as other areas of school life. Christian principles and values underpin all of our work as we prepare children for their future lives. We have created a warm, family environment which nurtures all our children.
Our School Motto
‘Open hearts, open minds, learning together with God’
Our School Values
Our overarching value is Love
‘I give you a new commandment. Love one another, as I have loved you.’ John 13:34
Our Christian values shine through everything we do ….
Each of these values are explored within the context of the Christian teachings and underpin our daily act of collective worship as well as the curriculum and day to day activities within our school. We hope that the children as they grow physically, emotionally & intellectually will also develop socially & spiritually thus gaining respect and confidence for themselves, for each other and for all people of the world in which we live.
Our Mission Statement
At St Hilda’s CE Primary School we believe each child is a gift from God. Our aim is to provide high quality education for all children within a caring, inclusive and stimulating environment. Our Christian values and ethos are at the centre of everything we do. Through developing our children spiritually, morally, intellectually and physically, we endeavor to motivate and inspire lifelong, resilient learners who are fully equipped to face the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Our School Aims
Our values and mission statement underpin every aspect of our day to day life in our school community. We aim to provide children with:
- A happy and caring family environment in which all children have an equal opportunity to learn, grow and develop to the best of their ability.
- Educational experiences which will develop our children to grow intellectually, emotionally, socially, morally, creatively, physically and spiritually within a Christian context.
- An environment which strives for the highest possible standards for behaviour and all-round achievement.
- A school community committed to teaching through our Christian Values
- Opportunities which will develop each child’s a sense of worth and self-esteem.
- The skills and knowledge for the next stage of life in the community and to help each child to become a responsible member of society; able to make a positive contribution.
- Opportunities for all members of the school community to develop and grow in a faith by which to live.
- The best possible care by working in partnership with parents, carers and outside agencies.