At Carleton St Hilda’s Church of England Primary School we believe in providing a high quality of education for all our children within an atmosphere of Christian values, love and care. We want our children to be happy and successful and we are committed to allowing each individual child to develop his/her own interests, skills and talents within a positive and supportive environment. We believe that learning should be fun, engaging and challenging. This, alongside high quality teaching gives each and every child the chance they deserve. Staff, Governors, children and parents are working together to drive the school forward. We set ourselves challenging targets and are working tirelessly to achieve success. As a Church school the strong Christian ethos permeates through all aspects of the curriculum as well as other areas of school life. Christian principles and values underpin all of our work as we prepare children for their future lives. We have created a warm, family environment which nurtures all our children.
Our Mission Statement At Carleton St Hilda’s we have a distinctive Christian ethos & character which permeates all aspects of the curriculum and school life. We have adopted twelve core Christian Values: Compassion, Courage, Determination, Faith, Forgiveness, Friendship, Hope, Love, Loyalty, Peace, Respect and Trust.
Each of these values are explored within the context of the Christian teachings and underpin our daily act of collective worship as well as the curriculum and day to day activities within our school. We hope that the children as they grow physically, emotionally & intellectually will also develop socially & spiritually thus gaining respect and confidence for themselves, for each other and for all people of the world in which we live.
Our School Aims
- To provide a happy, well ordered and caring family environment in which all children have an equal opportunity to learn, grow and develop to the best of their ability.
- To educate our children intellectually, emotionally, socially, morally, creatively, physically and spiritually within a Christian context.
- To promote Christian Values within school and to foster in each pupil a commitment to learning, respect for others and their beliefs, self reliance, responsibility, and moral awareness.
- To develop in each child a sense of worth and self esteem.
- To help prepare our children for the next stage of life in the community and to help each child to become a well adjusted, responsible member of society, well able to make a positive contribution.
- To foster in each of our children a sense of questioning and curiosity about the world.
- To encourage our children to search for truth and purpose in life by providing opportunities to develop and grow in a faith by which to live.
- To work in partnership with parents, carers and outside agencies in providing the best possible education for our children.
- To maintain the strongly established links with St Hilda’s Church and parish community and to local community in general.
- To promote respect for and understanding of diversity.
- To provide both children and staff with pleasant, safe and well equipped surroundings for the best possible education.